Friday 26 February 2016

Raglan

Hobie 16


I monitored this item for sale on Trademe for two weeks before I made my move. I called the owner in Raglan asking to see the Hobie cat. He was an engineer who helped to install all those 28 wind turbines near Raglan hills. His project ended, he is down sizing for going back to the South Island. I talked to him for an hour while he was showing me the boat. Everything seems to be there including a buoy for the top of the mast, a two-wheel launching trolley and some spare parts. We went to an ATM in town to get some cash. I paid him and towed the catamaran home. The whole transaction took 3 hours.



This item has been on my bucket list for 30 years; it is time to strike it off! I was a dinghy sailor in Miri for 15 years. I continued sailing in NZ for another 20 years, mostly on larger trailer yachts. This will be my first catamaran. Due to a crook knee and pain in my back, L3, L4, I was forced to hang up my golf set in 2013 and sold my Nanook, a Noelex 22, in April 2015. By May, I was regretting it and wanted to get back on the water again!

No comments:

Post a Comment